Project of wildlife and forest conservation in East Java (low cost)
Our center is located by the foot of Kawi Mountains, surrounded by plantations and villages, 10 kilometers from the city. It has guesthouses, outbound activity facilities, organic farm, and a cafe, where we put many information boards about wildlife and forest conservation for visitors to see. People from all over the country come to our place to learn about the environment and nature conservation.
After spending one week at P-WEC, volunteer will be deployed to PROFAUNA's forest conservation program in Yang Highlands Wildlife Reserve, East Java. The program includes forest patrols and conducting educational program for local people.
Yang Highlands Wildlife Reserve can be reached within 5 hours drive from P-WEC, by a car provided by PROFAUNA.
Information about Yang Highlands Wildlife Reserve here: http://www.profauna.net/en/content/yang-highlands-wildlife-reserve-home-rare-wildlife-species#.Vnen4nYrLIU
- At least 18 years old
- Speaks English
- Complete the registration form and agree to the Terms & Conditions
- Stay for a minimum 2 weeks (2 days off per 2 weeks)
- Pay the volunteering fee (4,500,000 IDR/2 weeks), no later than 2 weeks before the program starts
- Holds a valid visa (any kind of visa)
We are open for volunteers all year long!
What are the facilities?
- 3 meals/day (Indonesian food)
- 1 PROFAUNA t-shirt
- Transport during the program
- Forest patrol with PROFAUNA's Rangers
- Create education materials: posters, games, leaflets, puzzles, etc
- Visit local schools and communities to promote wildlife and forest conservation
- Assist our staffs during education, outbound, and adventure programs
- Maintain our organic farm
- Teach English (or any other skill) to our staffs and workers
- Engage in local traditional activities (conditional)
Interested in volunteering with PROFAUNA? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org